Chemexcil is an export promotion Council for chemicals it was established under Companies Act in the year 1963 as a non-profit organization set up by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry Government of India with the objective of the Dyes and Dye Intermediates, Basic Inorganic & Organic Chemicals, including Agrochemicals, Cosmetics, Soaps, Toiletries & Essential Oils, and Speciality Chemicals, Lubricants And Castor.
Any legal entity who shall be engaged in the business of export of Chemicals can become a member. The prospective members are required to apply on prescribed application form online or offline by paying membership fees in Cheque/RTGS/online (details given below)/demand draft drawn in favor of "Chemexcil SBI A/c no -10996680736" payable at Mumbai.
BANK NAME :-STATE BANK OF INDIA
BANK ADDRESS :-MUMBAI MAIN BRANCH,
MUMBAI SAMACHAR MARG
MUMBAI - 400 023
NAME OF ACCOUNT :-CHEMEXCIL
ACCOUNT NO. :-10996680736
SWIFT CODE NO. :-SBININBB110
IFSC CODE :-SBIN 0000 300
BRANCH CODE NO. :-0300
Membership of the Council is a pre-condition for obtaining (RCMC) Registration-cum- Membership-certificate under Foreign Trade Policy, Handbook of Procedures Chapter no. 2 Para 2.91
The RCMC can be obtained either as
- Merchant Exporter', '
- Manufacturer Exporter' or '
- Merchant--cum-Manufacturer Exporters' as per documents submitted.
Annual Subscription is due on 1st April of every year and is required to be paid by 30th June.
The services of Chemexcil to its members are as follows:
- To be an interface with the Industry and the Government of India to formulate Export-oriented Policies and also to create a favorable environment to augment exports of the above items from India.
- Participates in international exhibitions being held abroad and invites overseas delegations to India to promote our exports and establish long term strategic alliances
- Assists its members in locating and pinpointing the source of their requirements. It also helps to effect a smooth trade deal between buyers and sellers to offer a total service package, completely free.
- Is the Nodal agency appointed by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry for compliance of REACH legislation of the European Union.
- Participates in the Grievance Committee Meetings organized by the DGFT from time to time and take up issues of the member-exporters connected with Customs, Central Excise, Port Authorities, etc. and try to resolve the same
- Participates in the Review Meetings as well as Task Force Meetings being organized by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry from time to time to chalk out strategies for promotion of exports of the items coming under the purview of the Council with presentations covering suggestions/views being received from its members.
- Prepares and submit to the Ministry of Commerce & Industry Annual Action Plan for promotion of exports of the items coming under its purview, covering Budget Proposals for participation in various international exhibitions/Buyer Seller Meets/ being held abroad as well as in India for the benefit of its member-exporters.
- Issues Recommendation letters addressed to various overseas Consulates/Embassies in India for issue of Visas for the member-exporters for attending Exhibitions/delegations as well as export/business promotion tours abroad.
- Has been authorized by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to issue Non-preferential Certificates of Origin to its member-exporters for export of their items to various countries abroad on the condition that the said items are covered under our purview and are manufactured in India.
- Organizes Export Award Function to felicitate outstanding exporters on their excellent export performance.
- In short, it is 'one contact point' for sourcing information on any of the above products from India.
Pease refer the link https://chemexcil.in/contact-us
Application can be made online from the link https://chemexcil.in/rcmc/login Offline applications can be obtained from regional offices of Chemexcil please refer the link point 5.
Exporters having nil (Zero) export performance, can also enroll (become) as member of the Council.
Entrance fees is to be paid one time and Membership fees to be paid every year which will be due on 1st April every year and to be paid by 30th June. Details of fees can be viewed on the link https://chemexcil.in/uploads/Membership_subscription_fees.pdf
Yes, both are different documents. Membership is granted to an exporter as per Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Council. Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) is issued by the Council as per Foreign Trade Policy. Both are subject to requisite documents.
Yes, it is mandatory to obtain membership with the Council to obtain Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC). It is renewed every year by payment of annual subscription fees.
No, there is no separate fee for obtaining Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC).
Along with the filled application form below documents are required to be submitted to council
- A self-attested copy of Importer Exporter Code (IEC) issued by DGFT office
- If the applicant is
- A partnership firm, the partnership deed will be required to be submitted along with the form.
- A Private Limited, Public limited firm, Corporation or Co-operative society a photocopy of certificate of incorporation (memorandum of Article of Association) and resolution regarding the signing authority has to be submitted.
- An Export House applies for membership; the copy of export House Certificate is to be enclosed mandatory.
It is mandatory to register with the Chemexcil for export of chemicals products only if the member would like to avail government incentives and assistance provided under Foreign Trade Policy drafted by DFGT .
Yes, it is mandatory to have Importer and Exporter code to obtain membership of council.
Merchant Exporter" means a person engaged in trading activity and exporting or intending to export goods .Merchant exporter procures the material from a manufacturer and exports on his firm's name. Here merchant exporter procures the order from international market. Merchant exporter does not have own manufacturing unit or processing factory. Merchant Exporter can export the excisable goods either directly from the premises of the manufacturer, with or without sealing of the export consignments, or through his premises under claim for rebate or under bond.
Manufacturer Exporter" means a person who manufactures goods and exports or intends to export such goods. The manufacturer exporter procures and process raw materials at his factory and exports finished products. Here, the manufacturer exporter procures the export order and exports in their own name.
Yes, it is mandatory. On the basis of District Industries Centre (DIC) /Small Scale Industry (SSI) /Secretariat for Industrial Assistance (SIA)certification with regard to production of chemicals and list of chemicals with HS code RCMC as a manufacturer exporter can be obtained.
Yes, it is mandatory to pay the annual membership subscription every year if company would like to continue in export business and would like to avail government benefit
Please refer link https://chemexcil.in/uploads/Membership_subscription_fees.pdf
Annual membership subscription become due on 1st April every year and should be paid before 30th June of every year.
No, there is no provision in the Article.
Yes, Council dispatch receipts by mail as well as on email.
No, Annual Membership subscription is to be paid either by demand draft/cheque as per above bank details (Refer point 2)
If a member do not get renewed its membership by stipulated date, membership will be ceased and afresh membership needs to be obtained, if member want to continue.
Yes, one can cancel membership by way of request for the same and surrender their certificate.
Membership renewal is on financial year basis i.e. April-March
No, there is no fee for any amendment but the amendments are executed only if the member has renewed and paid their membership fees for the respective years.
Any change in the address, needs amended copy of Importer Exporter Code along with the request letter and original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) issued by the Council.
As per the Foreign Trade Policy, if there is a change in address, constitution etc, and member have to inform within one month to all the concerned authorities (Ref. FTP Hand book of procedure chapter no 2 Para 2.96).
No, same Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) will not be renewed/continued, member has to fill the fresh RCMC form and Council will issue a fresh RCMC.
Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) is valid subject to the payment of Annual membership fee every year. There is no provision to pay subscription in between
Need to submit fresh partnership deed/dissolution deed, with the list of new partners on their letterhead duly signed and stamped along with the original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC).
Need to submit the amended copy of Importer Exporter Code, form-32(issued by registrar of companies)and board resolution along with the original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC).
Need to submit the DIC/SSI certificate with regard to production of chemicals along with the original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC).
After receiving the complete documents, amendment will be executed and forward to members within one week.
Submit the amended Importer Exporter Code, New PAN along with the original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) and fresh partnership deed.
Amended copy of Importer Exporter Code along with original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) is required to be submitted.
Yes, it is mandatory to furnish the original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) for amendment.
Members who have lost their membership and Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) because of any reason and wish to obtain duplicate RCMC from council should follow below procedure.
For issuing duplicate RCMC, the following documents are required to be submitted to Chemexcil by member exporters:-
- Certified copy of the board resolution authorizing the Company (a) to accept the requirement and request of Chemexcil for issuing duplicate RCMC to Company and (b) to authorize one of the director to execute Declaration for and on behalf of the Company and (c) to authorize the Company to execute Indemnity under the Common Seal of the Company in the presence of the directors as per the sealing clause of the Articles of the Association of the Company and to authorize such person to put their respective signatures thereto.
- Declaration without Indemnity Clause by the authorized director on stamp paper of Rs. 100 to be executed before Notary Public. (Declaration-1)
- Indemnity by the Company under the Common seal of the Company on stamp paper of Rs. 200 to be executed before Notary Public (Declaration-2).
- RCMC Holder to inform such authority about the lost of RCMC so that no other fictitious person should derive the benefit of "RCMC".
Submit the consent letter duly signed either by Proprietor/directors/ or partners of the company along with the original Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC).